Dean :
Dr. Taihsing Daisy Day

Tel :

( 02 ) 2903 - 1826

Introduction to the College of Law

At the time when the university was to be reestablished in Taiwan in 1960, the Society of Jesus was given the responsibility for constructing a part of the school campus, staffing the faculty as well as administrating the College of Law and Business.

In the fall of 1963, the university started its first school year on the present campus, so did the College of Law. There were three departments in the College, namely, the departments of Law, Economics, and Industrial and Business Management. In 1969, under the approval of the Ministry of Education, the College of Law was divided into two independent colleges: the College of Law and the College of Business. At this time, the College of Law consisted of the Department of Law and the newly set-up Department of Sociology, whereas the College of Business consisted of departments of Economics, Business Administration, and Statistics-Accounting. In the fall of 1972, the Department of Economics was returned to the College of Law.

In 1980, the Graduate Institute of Law was established. In 1981, to meet the needs of our country and society, the Department of Sociology was divided into two independent departments -- Sociology and Social Work. In1988, the Ministry of Education granted the college the establishment of the Graduate Institute of Religious Studies. The Doctoral Program of The Graduate Institute of Law was established in 1990. In 1991, the Graduate Institute of Economics and in 1992, the Department of Religious Studies were added to the College.

Graduate Institute of Law
Graduate Institute of Religious Sciences
Graduate Institute of Economics

Department of Law
Department of Economics
Department of Sociology
Department of Social Work
Department of Religious Studies
Department of Financial and Economic Law